ofs – Macros for managing large font collections
OFS (Olsak's Font System) is a set of Plain TeX and LaTeX macros for
managing large font collections; it has been used by Czech/Slovak
users for many years. Main features include:
- Mapping from long names of fonts to the metric file name. The user can specify only exact long names in documents.
- Support for many font encodings.
- Printing of catalogues of fonts and test samples of font families; the interactive macro \showfonts shows all font families you have installed via OFS.
- The user interface is the same for Plain TeX and for LaTeX, but the implementation differs: the LaTeX variant of OFS uses NFSS, but the Plain variant implements its own font management (which may even be better than NFSS)
- Support for math fonts including TX fonts.
|Contained in||TeX Live as ofs|
|MiKTeX as ofs|
font selection schemes|
extensions to Plain TeX for higher-level constructs
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (788.0k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- font-selection: Font selection for plain TeX
- pdcmac: Damian Cugley's document tools
- laps: Zero-width boxes for annotations, etc
- font-change-xetex: Macros to change text and mathematics fonts in plain XeTeX