CTAN update: babel
The patterns loader for luatex has been thoroughly revised.
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/babel/base More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/babel We are supported by the TeX User Groups. Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Ina Dau
babel – Multilingual support for Plain TeX or LaTeX
The package manages culturally-determined typographical (and other) rules, and hyphenation patterns for a wide range of languages. A document may select a single language to be supported, or it may select several, in which case the document may switch from one language to another in a variety of ways.
Babel uses contributed configuration files that provide the detail of what has to be done for each language.
Users of XeTeX are advised to use polyglossia rather than Babel.
Javier Bezos López|
Johannes L. Braams (inactive)
- 2017-11-04 CTAN update: babel
- 2017-10-05 CTAN Update: babel
- 2017-09-19 CTAN Update: babel
- 2017-06-27 CTAN Update: babel
- 2017-05-20 CTAN Update: babel
- 2017-04-29 CTAN Update: babel
- 2016-02-25 CTAN update: babel
- 2016-02-03 CTAN update: babel