Typesetting exercises: the exercise package
The package helps to typeset exercises or list of exercises within any
Exercises, questions, sub-questions are automatically numbered. It is
possible to put answers in the same document, and display them
immediately, later in the document or not at all.
The layout of exercise is fully customisable. It is then possible to typeset
long problems, short exercises, questionnaires, etc.
Usage of the babel package is detected, but not fully supported by now
(only english and french are implemented). See documentation for more
Copyright (C) 2004 by Paul Pichaureau
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
- execute latex on exercise.ins
- execute latex on exercise.dtx
- produce Index and Change History with
makeindex -s gind.ist -o exercise.ind exercise.idx
makeindex -s gglo.ist -o exercise.gls exercise.glo
- and then execute latex on exercise.dtx (again !)
- copy exercise.sty and exercise.pdf to the correct places in the texmf
tree. exercise.sty could be put in
exercise.pdf is the documentation of the package: it could take place
- run texhash or the corresponding command of your distribution
- Add more languages.
- v1.58 2012-05-08 Minor modification to avoid pagebreak after exercise and answer heading (thx to Mathias Magdowski)
- v1.57 2011/07/19 Bug correction on exercise selection (thx to Tobias Isenberg)
- v1.56 2011/05/10 Portuguese translation added (thx to José Romildo Malaquias)
- v1.55 2011/03/13 Command \refAnswer added (thx to Ferenc Wettl)
- v1.54 2010/12/14 Corrected a bug with infinite loop in Answer
- v1.53 2010/11/27 Exercise selection now works correctly
- v1.52 2010/10/09 New skip added
German support added (thx to Peter Zimmermann)
- v1.5 2010/10/03 Label and reference now corrects
Dutch support added (thx to Frank Koenders)
- v1.4 2010/08/27 Many bugs corrected
Exercise selection reviewed
- v1.31 2009/03/28 Italian support added
- v1.3 2009/03/26 Spanish support added
List of exercices support
- v1.2 2006/04/22 A basic exercice selection mechanism added.
- v1.11 2004/09/08 Corrected a bug preventing the correct
use of the babel package.
- v1.1 2004/09/05 Added the \renewcounter command
- v1 2004/08/19 First release
19 aout 2004