csplain – Plain TeX multilanguage support
CSplain is a small extension of basic Plain TeX macros, the formats csplain and pdfcsplain can be generated. It supports:
- hyphenation of words for 50+ languages,
- simple and powerfull font loading system (various sizes of fonts),
- TeX, pdfTeX, X∃TeX and LuaTeX engines,
- math fonts simply loaded with full amstex-like features,
- three internal encodings (IL2 for Czech/Slovak languages, T1 for many languages with latin alphabet and Unicode in new TeX engines),
- natural UTF-8 input in pdfTeX using encTeX without any active characters,
- Czech and Slovak special typesetting features.
An important part of the package is OPmac, which implements most of LaTeX's features (sectioning, font selection, color, hyper reference and urls, bibliography, index, toc, tables,etc.) by Plain TeX macros. The OPmac macros can generate and bibliography without any external program.
|License||Free license not otherwise listed, or more than one free license applies|
|Contained in||TeX Live as csplain|
|MiKTeX as csplain|
support for typesetting Czech|
macros to build a format
support for typesetting, and documentation in Slovak
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- csfonts-t1: Czech/Slovak tuned CM fonts in Type 1 format
- latex-base: Base sources of LaTeX
- tapir: A simple geometrical font
- ptex-base: Plain TeX format and documents for pTeX and e-pTeX