eitl – Easy install of TeX Live
The script allows the easy install of a current TeX Live version over the net. It is tested with the current Linux versions of OpenSUSE and Ubuntu. The script:
- looks for a fast server
- downloads the install script
- deletes an existing TeX Live version from Ubuntu (deb) or openSUSE (rpm)
- extracts and runs the install script
- installs a complete up-to-date TeX Live from tug.org
- installs the non free fonts from tug.org which are not part of TeX Live, like arial, Luxi mono, etc.
- installs the GUIs TeXmaker and TeXworks
- creates files zzz-texlive.sh/csh for /etc/profile.d/
If no directory is specified, TeX Live will be installed in the home directory ~/texlive. For another directory, run the script with the directory name; e.g.:
for some actions the script needs to be root. In such cases it asks for the root password.
The LaTeX Project Public License
components (or support) of TeX distribution
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (5.8k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- texlive-repo: A mirror of the TeX Live repository
- texlive-dummy-enterprise-linux: Dummy TeX Live RPM for use with RHEL 6 and derived distributions
- classes: The source of LaTeX's standard classes
- winemtex: EmTeX for windows