pst-func – PSTricks package for plotting mathematical functions
The package is built for use with PSTricks. It provides macros for plotting and manipulating various mathematical functions:
- polynomials and their derivatives f(x)=an*x^n+an-1*x^(n-1)+...+a0 defined by the coefficients a0 a1 a2 ... and the derivative order;
- the Fourier sum f(x) = a0/2+a1cos(omega x)+...+b1sin(omega x)+... defined by the coefficients a0 a1 a2 ... b1 b2 b3 ...;
- the Bessel function defined by its order;
- the Gauss function defined by sigma and mu;
- Bézier curves from order 1 (two control points) to order 9 (10 control points);
- the superellipse function (the Lamé curve);
- Chebyshev polynomials of the first and second kind;
- the Thomae (or popcorn) function;
- the Weierstrass function;
- various integration-derived functions;
- normal, binomial, poisson, gamma, chi-squared, student’s t, F, beta, Cauchy and Weibull distribution functions and the Lorenz curve;
- the zeroes of a function, or the intermediate point of two functions;
- the Vasicek function for describing the evolution of interest rates; and
- implicit functions.
The plots may be generated as volumes of rotation about the X-axis, as well.
The LaTeX Project Public License
|Contained in||TeX Live as pst-func|
|MiKTeX as pst-func|
graphics (typesetting actual pictures)
support for typesetting mathematics
package using PStricks for graphical output
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (3.2M).
- 2016-05-02 CTAN update: pst-func
- 2013-06-04 CTAN Update: pst-func
- 2011-11-03 CTAN package update: pst-func
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- pst-poly: Polygons with PSTricks
- pst-coil: A PSTricks package for coils, etc
- pst-pad: Draw simple attachment systems with PSTricks
- pst-fractal: Draw fractal sets using PSTricks