Literat package v0.2
May 20, 1999
This is an experimental version of virtual fonts for PDF(La)TeX or dvips
which are based on free family of type1 fonts by ParaGraph International,
named Literaturnaya. The type1 fonts are available at
The virtual fonts are available at
These fonts are available in T2A, OT1, T1 and TS1 encodings.
we included two map files (tli.map and literat.map). PLEASE USE ONE
OF THEM, NOT BOTH. :-) tli.map contains references to PFB fonts with
K.Berry names (so you'll need to rename pfb files; this is done by
the install-tli.sh script), while literat.map contains references
to the original filenames of PFB fonts.
The simple installation script as well as examples of usage are included
into this bundle.
Please mail bug reports, your comments and proposals to:
Vladimir Volovich <email@example.com>
Anatoliy A. Malyarenko <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changes from version 0.1 of April 15, 1999:
* added virtual fonts for OT1, T1, TS1 encodings (in addition to T2A)
* added font shapes: now 12 for each of T2A, OT1, T1, and 8 for TS1
(against 6 in the previous version)
* virtual fonts `optimized' because regenerated with current version of
fontinst (e.g. removed duplicated kerns)
* fixed incorrect name for one font
* renamed raw fonts from `original' names (matching original pfb files)
to r<berry-name>.tfm, thus removing underscores in filenames
(MikTeX's ps2pk had problems with this?).
* add some more font shapes? underlined, overstroke, and spaced come to
* add some more faked glyphs
* write support in literat.sty for new versions of pdftex which do not
accept extended fonts in map files (in case of adding faked glyphs
which will require such fonts)
||The Literaturnaya family of fonts