LaTeX Bundle : datatool v2.27 Last Modified : 2016-07-28 Author : Nicola Talbot Package FAQ : http://www.dickimaw-books.com/faqs/datatoolfaq.html This bundle consists of the packages: datatool.sty, datatool-base.sty, datatool-fp.sty, datatool-pgfmath.sty, databar.sty, databib.sty, datapie.sty dataplot.sty, datagidx.sty person.sty. datatool.sty: Databases can be created using LaTeX commands or loaded from external ASCII files, such as comma or tab separated variable files. Databases can be sorted numerically or alphabetically (descending or ascending.) Repetitive operations can be performed on each row of data in a database (such as mail merging.) Conditions can be imposed to exclude rows. datatool-base.sty: Commands are provided to determine if an argument is an integer, a real number, currency or a string. (Scientific notation is currently not supported.) Locale dependent number settings are supported (such as a comma as a decimal character and full stop as a number group character.) Commands are provided to convert between locale dependent numbers/currency and the standard decimal format required by the fp or pgfmath packages enabling fixed point arithmetic to be performed on elements of the database. Strings can be tested to determine if they are all upper or all lower case. Names can be converted to initials using \DTLinitials. datatool-fp.sty: Provides an interface with fp.sty datatool-pgfmath.sty: Provides an interface with pgfmath.sty datapie.sty: A database defined by datatool.sty can be converted into a pie chart. Segments can be separated from the rest of the chart to make them stand out. Colour/grey scale options. Predefined segment colours can be changed. Hooks provided to annotate chart. dataplot.sty: A database defined by datatool.sty may be plotted as a 2D scatter or line plot Settings provided to govern the appearance of the chart. (e.g. show/hide axes, legend, grid, major/minor tick marks.) Hooks provided to add extra information to the plot databar.sty: A database defined by datatool.sty can be converted into a bar chart. Colour/grey scale options. Predefined bar colours can be changed. Horizontal or vertical formats provided. Hooks provided to annotate chart. databib.sty: Provides commands to convert a BibTeX database into a datatool database. datagidx.sty: Provides a way of indexing or creating glossaries/lists of acronyms that uses TeX to do the sorting and collating instead of using an external indexing application, such as xindy or makeindex. person.sty: Provides commands to display a person's name and pronoun in an order of service style document to provide consistency, or in mail merging to eliminate the cumbersome use of ``he/she'' etc. *The datatool bundle replaces the csvtools bundle which is now obsolete.* This material is subject to the LaTeX Project Public License. See http://www.ctan.org/license/lppl1.3 for the details of that license. http://www.dickimaw-books.com/
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (2.7M).
datatool – Tools to load and manipulate data
The tools comprise six packages:
- datatool.sty: databases may be created using LaTeX commands or by importing external files; they may be sorted numerically or alphabetically; repetitive operations (such as mail merging) may be performed on each row of a database, subject to conditions to exclude particular rows; commands are provided to examine database elements, and to convert formats (for example, to convert a numeric element to a format compatible with the fp package;
- datapie.sty: a database may be represented as a pie chart; flexible options allow colouring of the chart, and annotation hooks are available;
- dataplot.sty: a database may be represented as a 2-dimensional scatter or line plot; flexible options control of the plot's overall appearance, and of legends and other extra information;
- databar.sty: a database may be represented as a bar chart; overall appearance, colouring and annotation are controllable;
- datagidx.sty: provides a way of indexing or creating glossaries/lists of acronyms that uses TeX to do the sorting and collating instead of using an external indexing application, such as xindy or makeindex;
- databib.sty: a bibliography may be loaded into a datatool database, and manipulated there before being printed (this permits a LaTeX-based route to printing bibliographies in formats for which no BibTeX style is available); and
- person.sty: provides support for displaying a person’s name and pronoun in a document, thus avoiding cumbersome use of “he/she”, etc.
The drawing packages make use of PGF/TikZ for their output.
The bundle supersedes and replaces the author’s csvtools bundle.
|License||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3|
|Contained in||TeX Live as datatool|
|MiKTeX as datatool|
importing data into documents|
visualisation of data sets
manipulate data within TeX