----- Forwarded message from "Basil K. Malyshev" -----
I have uploaded to `ftp.dante.de/incoming/bakoma' directory
update for BaKoMa TeX 4.50.
Please put the files to 'CTAN:systems/win32/bakoma' directory.
Most important new features:
* Handling fonts embedded into imported Postscript was improved.
* Unlimited number of objects in PDF Generation.
* Adobe Illustrator 10 Compatibility.
* Mathematica 4 Compatibility.
* Improved appearance of thin filled elements on Display.
* Controlable protection of Global VM for imported PostScript graphics.
* Directory for user graphics files is definable in `Options|Directories...'
* Command set for tasks around `\include' and `\input' LaTeX commands:
saving expanded document, openning all includes, looking in Gather.
* Preserving column position at moving by Up/Down arrows.
More details are explained at end of this message.
Basil K. Malyshev
PS: Please send announce to appropriate mailing lists and news groups.
--------------- About BaKoMa TeX 4.50 ----------------------
* Graphical Capabilities
* User Interface
* PDF Generation Features
* New Features of BaKoMa TeX 4.50
For more information about BaKoMa TeX see
BaKoMa TeX is a complete TeX system for Microsoft Windows XP/2000/NT/98/95
* Dynamical Preview allows the user to preview instantly selected region
of the file being edited.
(It is analog of Instant Preview - http://www.activetex.org
* PostScript enabled TeX system.
Generates *PDF* from documents with *PSTricks*, *PSfrag*, etc.
* Supports using PostScript Type 1 fonts (including MM) *WITHOUT ATM*.
However, using ATM for font rendering is optionally available.
* Complete distribution includes about *1500* TeX Fonts (including EC/TC, LH)
in ATM Compatible PostScript Type 1 font format.
* Consistent graphics and font support for all DVI back-ends.
* Supports hyperlink text broken across lines and pages.
* Easy to install and use.
* Much less expensive than other analogues.
BaKoMa TeX includes an interpreter for *PostScript Level 2*,
which is tested for compatibility with output from popular
software such as: MetaPost, Adobe Illustrator 10, Adobe Streamline 4.0,
Mathematica 4, MatLab, CorelDraw 10, CorelXARA, HIGZ, PageDraw,
FrameMaker, ImageMagick, etc.
All DVI back-ends support the same special interface compatible
with well known Rokicki's DVIPS, including processing PostScript
embedded into DVI files (PSTricks, PSfrag, XyPic, etc.).
The system includes Graphics Import Filters for the following formats:
PostScript, HPGL, DXY, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PCX, MSP, BMP.
BaKoMa TeX supports the following font formats:
* PostScript Type 1 (including Multiple Masters),
* PostScript Type 3,
* TeX PK/VF.
The system includes about *1500* typefaces in PostScript Type 1
and Type 3 font format including the following fonts:
* CM (including LaTeX and Logo fonts + vf for T1 with CX
* AMS Fonts (Euler, Math Symbols),
* LH (T2A),
* Concrete (Math, ECC),
* CMCyr + vf for T2A/LCY
* Scripting fonts, CMPica, Punk.
* Stmaryrd, Wasy, Rsfs, YHMath, BlackBoard (bbm, doublestroke).
Diagram drawing fonts:
* Lams, Astro Symbols (cmastro, astrosym, moonphase),
* Barcodes (barcodes, wlean, wlc*), Logical (loggates, milstd),
* timing, MusiXTeX, Chess/CChess, Go, Backgammon, Dingbats/NiceFrame. etc.
Any font type can be used for any output device/format.
This feature is supported by automatic font conversion
between font formats when needed.
This feature enables the rendering of Type 1 fonts *without ATM*.
On the other hand, it enables the use of TrueType/OpenType fonts
for generating PostScript printed even on PostScript Level 1 printers.
In advance, BaKoMa TeX is ready to use most of free Type 1 fonts
available on CTAN and Trutype fonts coming with MS Windows systems.
* Dynamical Preview (Instant Preview) of selected part of a document.
* One touch key for TeX + Preview + other customizable postprocessors,
* Quick navigation via document structure,
* DVI Forward/Reverse search (format independent),
* Powerful support for different input encodings,
* Project support,
* Graphics import assistant,
* Assitance for multi-file documents:
context sensitive openning of included text and graphics files,
* Searching for TeX errors using the TeX log file,
* Searching for help for TeX commands in entire document collection,
* Syntax highlighting is configurable for catcodes and command dictionaries,
* Customizable GUI Bars and menus for inserting Math Symbols and other commands,
* Automatic creation of a BB-file for non-PostScript graphics.
* Spell Checker: On-the-spot highlighting of misspelled words,
correction proposals, handling accents and babel shortcuts.
configurable for handling (La)TeX commands.
* Support for Multi-User systems.
* View on Windows Display.
* Print on any printer supported by a MS Windows driver.
* PostScript (really scalable),
Important feature of BaKoMa TeX is consistent graphics and font support
for all types of output. This means that all font formats mentioned
may be used for every type of output. This also means that all graphical
capabilities mentioned are supported for every type of output.
PDF GENERATION FEATURES
* Handling in-line PostScript in DVI files (PSTricks).
* Creating PDF files which share fonts.
Suitable for preparing CD-ROM based document libraries.
* Embedding fonts in CFF requires 2--3 times less space then other font forms.
* Handles HyperTeX (HyperRef) and document outline.
NEW FEATURES OF BAKOMA TEX 4.50 in comparison with BAKOMA TEX 4.40
* Handling fonts embedded into imported Postscript.
Handling of fonts embedded into imported graphics was improved.
New option: `Options|Graphics|Substitute Embedded Fonts' forces
graphical engine to substitute embedded fonts by a fonts installed
under BaKoMa TeX. However, when an embedded font isn't matched with
some installed font it will be rendered by built-in engine.
* Unlimited number of objects in PDF Generation.
We have removed any limitations related with generation of PDF files.
They are: number of pages, objects, palettes, encodings, fonts, and images.
Currently, they are limited only by Virtual Memory available on your
computer. Now, you can typeset an enciclopedies.
* Adobe Illustrator 10 Compatibility
PostScript interpereter was drastically improved to handle import
of EPSF generated by Adobe Illustrator 10.
* Mathematica 4 Compatibility
Commonly, it includes configuration for Tyep1/TrueType fonts
used by Mathematica 4 for generating EPS files.
* Improved appearance on Display of thin filled elements
Commonly, it is to avoid pixel drop out. It provide visibility
of small elements even at small zoom factors. Now you can find
that thin elements are appeared in DVIEW like to Acrobat Reader display.
* `Options|Graphics|Protect Global VM' (new option)
enables suppression of writing to Postscript intertpreter global memory
by prologs of imported Postscript graphics.
* `Graphics Files' is new option in dialog `Options|Directories...'.
It lets user to define additional directory for graphical files
shared by all documents.
Text Editor Features
* `File|Save LaTeX Document to Single File ...' (new command)
saves the LaTeX Document into single file expanding `\include' and
`\input' LaTeX commands. It is similar to `LaTeXpand' tool.
* `File|Open All Includes' (new command)
opens (recursively) all files included into currently selected file
by `\include' and `\input' LaTeX commands.
* `Window|Close Others' (new command)
closes all windows except of currently selected.
* `Includes' is new category of Gather (Search|Gather...).
It lists appearance of `\include' and `\input' LaTeX commands.
* `Preserve Column at moving by Up/Down' is new option in
`Options|Editing Setting ...' dialog
It enables preserving column position while
moving the cursor by using Up and Down arrows.
By default this feature is enabled.
For more information about changes see
---------- End of BaKoMa TeX Information ----------
Thanks for the upload. I installed the new files as suggested.
for the CTAN team