----- Forwarded message from "Basil K. Malyshev" -----
I have uploaded to `ftp.dante.de/incoming/bakoma' directory
update for BaKoMa TeX 4.60.
Please put the files to 'CTAN:systems/win32/bakoma' directory.
Most important new features:
* Pasting Images by using `Edit|Paste' editor command.
* Automatical generation of BB-files for ALL graphical formats,
* Improved appearance of raster images on a Display.
* Improved handling of True Color images (touches PNG, BMP, MSP, WMF).
* Important refinments in generation of PDF files.
More details are explained at end of this message.
Basil K. Malyshev
PS: Please send announce to appropriate mailing lists and news groups.
--------------- About BaKoMa TeX 4.60 ----------------------
* Graphical Capabilities
* User Interface
* PDF Generation Features
* New Features of BaKoMa TeX 4.60
For more information about BaKoMa TeX see
BaKoMa TeX is a complete TeX system for Microsoft Windows XP/2000/NT/98/95
* Dynamical Preview allows the user to preview instantly selected region
of the file being edited.
(It is analog of Instant Preview - http://www.activetex.org
* PostScript enabled TeX system.
Generates *PDF* from documents with *PSTricks*, *PSfrag*, etc.
* Supports using PostScript Type 1 fonts (including MM) *WITHOUT ATM*.
However, using ATM for font rendering is optionally available.
* Complete distribution includes about *1500* TeX Fonts (including EC/TC, LH)
in ATM Compatible PostScript Type 1 font format.
* Consistent graphics and font support for all DVI back-ends.
* Supports hyperlink text broken across lines and pages.
* Easy to install and use.
* Much less expensive than other analogues.
BaKoMa TeX includes an interpreter for *PostScript Level 2*,
which is tested for compatibility with output from popular
software such as: MetaPost, Adobe Illustrator 10, Adobe Streamline 4.0,
Mathematica 4, MatLab, CorelDraw 10, CorelXARA, HIGZ, PageDraw,
FrameMaker, ImageMagick, etc.
All DVI back-ends support the same special interface compatible
with well known Rokicki's DVIPS, including processing PostScript
embedded into DVI files (PSTricks, PSfrag, XyPic, etc.).
The system includes Graphics Import Filters for the following formats:
PostScript, HPGL, DXY, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PCX, MSP, BMP.
BaKoMa TeX supports the following font formats:
* PostScript Type 1 (including Multiple Masters),
* PostScript Type 3,
* TeX PK/VF.
The system includes about *1500* typefaces in PostScript Type 1
and Type 3 font format including the following fonts:
* CM (including LaTeX and Logo fonts + vf for T1 with CX
* AMS Fonts (Euler, Math Symbols),
* LH (T2A),
* Concrete (Math, ECC),
* CMCyr + vf for T2A/LCY
* Scripting fonts, CMPica, Punk.
* Stmaryrd, Wasy, Rsfs, YHMath, BlackBoard (bbm, doublestroke).
Diagram drawing fonts:
* Lams, Astro Symbols (cmastro, astrosym, moonphase),
* Barcodes (barcodes, wlean, wlc*), Logical (loggates, milstd),
* timing, MusiXTeX, Chess/CChess, Go, Backgammon, Dingbats/NiceFrame. etc.
Any font type can be used for any output device/format.
This feature is supported by automatic font conversion
between font formats when needed.
This feature enables the rendering of Type 1 fonts *without ATM*.
On the other hand, it enables the use of TrueType/OpenType fonts
for generating PostScript printed even on PostScript Level 1 printers.
In advance, BaKoMa TeX is ready to use most of free Type 1 fonts
available on CTAN and Trutype fonts coming with MS Windows systems.
* Dynamical Preview (Instant Preview) of selected part of a document.
* One touch key for TeX + Preview + other customizable postprocessors,
* Quick navigation via document structure,
* DVI Forward/Reverse search (format independent),
* Powerful support for different input encodings,
* Project support,
* Graphics import assistant,
* Assitance for multi-file documents:
context sensitive openning of included text and graphics files,
* Searching for TeX errors using the TeX log file,
* Searching for help for TeX commands in entire document collection,
* Syntax highlighting is configurable for catcodes and command dictionaries,
* Customizable GUI Bars and menus for inserting Math Symbols and other commands,
* Automatic creation of a BB-file for non-PostScript graphics.
* Spell Checker: On-the-spot highlighting of misspelled words,
correction proposals, handling accents and babel shortcuts.
configurable for handling (La)TeX commands.
* Support for Multi-User systems.
* View on Windows Display.
* Print on any printer supported by a MS Windows driver.
* PostScript (really scalable),
Important feature of BaKoMa TeX is consistent graphics and font support
for all types of output. This means that all font formats mentioned
may be used for every type of output. This also means that all graphical
capabilities mentioned are supported for every type of output.
PDF GENERATION FEATURES
* Handling in-line PostScript in DVI files (PSTricks).
* Creating PDF files which share fonts.
Suitable for preparing CD-ROM based document libraries.
* Embedding fonts in CFF requires 2--3 times less space then other font forms.
* Handles HyperTeX (HyperRef) and document outline.
NEW FEATURES OF BAKOMA TEX 4.60 in comparison with BAKOMA TEX 4.50
* Pasting Images
When Windows Clipboard contains an image `Edit|Paste'
editor command launches a wizard for pasting one.
The wizard provides reasonable way for importing clipboard image
into LaTeX document. It sequentially performs:
1 saving the image into a file (PNG or EPS),
2 insertion of proper `\includegraphics' command at the
Commonly, this operation requires pressing only ENTER key two times.
* Automatical generation of BB-files is now available for all formats
BaKoMa TeX beginning from version 3.0 supports automatical creation
of BB-files for most frequently used graphical formats:
JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PCX.
In this version the same approach is extended for other graphical
formats: BMP, MSP, WMF, and compressed PostScript
(supported extensions are: `.pz', `.ps.Z', `.eps.Z', `.ps.gz', `.eps.gz').
* Bottom TAB Frame will be restored (if it was minimized)
at any activity inside controlled windows (Console, Messages).
* Space = Shift+Space = Ctrl+Space. They are bind to the same procedure.
* Small fix for valid handling of 8-bit BIB-files by BibTeX8.
* Appearance of raster images on a Display was improved
Now you can find that quality of displaying raster images
by DVI Viewer is comparable with one provided by Acrobat Reader.
* Import of True Color PNG files was improved.
(LIBPNG was upgraded to most recent version.)
* Embedding into PDF True Color images imported via Metafile filters
(BMP, MSP, WMF) was refined.
* Fixed problem related with printing PDF
from AcrobatReader 5.0 on a PostScript printer.
* Fixed problem related with handling PDF by some Acrobat PLUG-INS.
For more information about changes see
----- End forwarded message -----
THanks for the upload. I installed the new files as suggested in
for the CTAN team