----- Forwarded message from "Basil K. Malyshev" -----
I have uploaded to `ftp.dante.de/incoming/bakoma' directory
update for BaKoMa TeX 5.30 (issued 23-Mar-2003).
Please put the files to 'CTAN:systems/win32/bakoma' directory.
Most important new features:
1) Comrehensive support for *OpenType fonts with Postscript outlines (OTF)*.
Supported: Font Setup Wizard, Generating PDF and Postscript,
Preview and Print under any Windows system (including 9x and NT 4.0).
2) Generation of PDF files with enabled searh and copy-paste of text
with international (for example cyrillic) characters.
See `Support Copy-Paste and Search in PDF files' in PDF generation dialog.
The feature is implemented via embeding ToUnicode CMAPs.
Basil K. Malyshev
PS: Please send announce to appropriate mailing lists and news groups.
--------------- About BaKoMa TeX 5.30 ----------------------
* Graphical Capabilities
* User Interface
* PDF Generation Features
* HTML Generation features
* New Features of BaKoMa TeX 5.30
For more information about BaKoMa TeX see
BaKoMa TeX is a complete TeX system for Microsoft Windows XP/2000/NT/98/95
* Dynamical Preview allows the user to preview instantly selected region
of the file being edited.
(It is analog of Instant Preview - http://www.activetex.org
* PostScript enabled TeX system.
** Generates *PDF* from documents with *PSTricks*, *PSfrag*, etc.
** Generates HTML (TeX4HT, DVI2HTML), also supports Hevea and TTH.
* Supports using PostScript Type 1 fonts (including MM) *WITHOUT ATM*.
However, using ATM for font rendering is optionally available.
* Complete distribution includes about *1500* TeX Fonts (including EC/TC, LH)
in ATM Compatible PostScript Type 1 font format.
* Font Setup Wizard installs Postscript/TrueType fonts almost in one click
* Consistent graphics and font support for all DVI back-ends.
* BibEdit - editor for LaTeX BIB files is included.
* Supports hyperlink text broken across lines and pages.
* Easy to install and use.
* Much less expensive than other analogues.
BaKoMa TeX includes an interpreter for *PostScript Level 2*,
which is tested for compatibility with output from popular
software such as: MetaPost, Adobe Illustrator 10, Adobe Streamline 4.0,
Mathematica 4, MatLab, CorelDraw 10, CorelXARA, HIGZ, PageDraw,
FrameMaker, ImageMagick, etc.
All DVI back-ends support the same special interface compatible
with well known Rokicki's DVIPS, including processing PostScript
embedded into DVI files (PSTricks, PSfrag, XyPic, etc.).
The system includes Graphics Import Filters for the following formats:
PostScript, HPGL, DXY, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PCX, MSP, BMP.
BaKoMa TeX supports the following font formats:
* OpenType (both TTF and OTF are supported),
* PostScript Type 1 (including Multiple Masters),
* PostScript Type 3,
* TeX PK/VF.
The system includes about *1500* typefaces in PostScript Type 1
and Type 3 font format including the following fonts:
* CM (including LaTeX and Logo fonts + vf for T1 with CX
* AMS Fonts (Euler, Math Symbols),
* LH (T2A),
* Concrete (Math, ECC),
* CMCyr + vf for T2A/LCY
* Scripting fonts, CMPica, Punk.
* Stmaryrd, Wasy, Rsfs, YHMath, BlackBoard (bbm, doublestroke).
Diagram drawing fonts:
* Lams, Astro Symbols (cmastro, astrosym, moonphase),
* Barcodes (barcodes, wlean, wlc*), Logical (loggates, milstd),
* timing, MusiXTeX, Chess/CChess, Go, Backgammon, Dingbats/NiceFrame. etc.
Any font type can be used for any output device/format.
This feature is supported by automatic font conversion
between font formats when needed.
This feature enables the rendering of Type 1 fonts *without ATM*.
On the other hand, it enables the use of TrueType/OpenType fonts
for generating PostScript printed even on PostScript Level 1 printers.
In advance, BaKoMa TeX is ready to use most of free Type 1 fonts
available on CTAN and Trutype fonts coming with MS Windows systems.
Font Setup Wizard lets you to install most of commercial (and free)
Postscript Type 1 and TrueType fonts in one click.
* Dynamical Preview (Instant Preview) of selected part of a document.
It reformats (and preview) selected part of document on the fly,
when you edit it. This feature accelerates tuning paragraphs,
mathematics, pictures, etc.
* Flexible window docking lets you optimize splitting your screen
for using Dynamical Preview efficiently.
* One touch key for TeX + Preview + other customizable postprocessors,
* Quick navigation via document structure,
* DVI Forward/Reverse search (format independent),
* Powerful support for different input encodings,
* Project support,
* Graphics import assistant,
* Assitance for multi-file documents:
context sensitive openning of included text and graphics files,
* Searching for TeX errors using the TeX log file,
* Searching for help for TeX commands in entire document collection,
* Syntax highlighting is configurable for catcodes and command dictionaries,
* Customizable GUI Bars and menus for inserting Math Symbols and other commands,
* Automatic creation of a BB-file for non-PostScript graphics.
* Spell Checker: On-the-spot highlighting of misspelled words,
correction proposals, handling accents and babel shortcuts.
configurable for handling (La)TeX commands.
* BibEdit - editor for LaTeX BIB files is included.
* Syntax Completion is context sensitive and flexible.
* Support for Multi-User systems.
* View on Windows Display.
* Print on any printer supported by a MS Windows driver.
* PostScript (really scalable),
Important feature of BaKoMa TeX is consistent graphics and font support
for all types of output. This means that all font formats mentioned
may be used for every type of output. This also means that all graphical
capabilities mentioned are supported for every type of output.
PDF GENERATION FEATURES
* Handling in-line PostScript in DVI files (PSTricks).
* Creating PDF files which share fonts.
Suitable for preparing CD-ROM based document libraries.
* Embedding fonts in CFF requires 2--3 times less space then other font forms.
* Handles HyperTeX (HyperRef) and document outline.
HTML GENERATION FEATURES
BaKoMa TeX 5 supports several ways for conversion of (La)TeX
documents into HTML files.
* `TeX|Generate HTML ...' text editor menu command lets you launch
`TeX4HT' convertor with numerous options.
* `File|Generate HTML ...' DVI viewer menu command lets you convert
pages of a DVI file into PNG files wrapped into navigation HTML
pages. This approach is useful for documents with complex graphics,
such as slides.
In advance, BaKoMa TeX is ready to use `HEVEA' and/or `TTH' convertors.
Launching of these convertors is available via extra TABS of
`TeX|Generate HTML ...' editor command.
Including graphics is well integreated with BaKoMa TeX graphical engine.
In this reason, you can insert everithing supported by BaKoMa TeX
into generated HTML pages.
*** NEW FEATURES OF BAKOMA TEX 5.30 in comparison with BAKOMA TEX 5.25 ***
Fonts - Support for OpenType fonts with Postscript outlines (OTF).
BaKoMa TeX 5.30 includes support for OpenType fonts with Postscript outlines,
whose have extension `OTF' (in following they are called OTF-fonts,
to avoid mixing with OpenType fonts with TrueType outlines).
To install `OTF-fonts' under BaKoMa TeX user can use
Font Setup Wizard available via:
`Options|Install OpenType, TrueType, and Postscript fonts for (La)TeX'
text editor menu command.
The wizard properly do configuring fonts, generating proper TFM files;
and creating/updating LaTeX Font Definition (FD) files.
In other words, it enables using your OTF-fonts for LaTeX documents
in almost one-click.
Advanced feature of BaKoMa TeX is that OTF-fonts may be used
also under Windows 95, 98 and NT 4.0 (even without ATM installed)
for preview and print on any Windows supported printer.
OTF-fonts are properly used for generating PDF and Postscript files.
Another improvements in Font Setup Wizard
* Improved updating of FD-files: handling `\endinput', copying modified files
to LOCAL tree, that avoids forgetting user fonts added to common FD-files.
* `Win 9x skewing support' - new option in Font Setup Wizard.
It enables work around for displaying slanted fonts under Windows 95/98.
Commonly, this option is checked automatically, when it is needed.
PDF - Searchable PDF (ToUnicode CMAPs)
BaKoMa TeX 5.30 can generate PDF files that permite search and copy-paste
of text with international (for example cyrillic) characters.
This feature may be enabled by `Support Copy-Paste and Search in PDF files'
option available in PDF generation dialog.
This feature is implemented via embeding into PDF file ToUnicode CMAPs,
whose map characters of every text font to unicode codes.
These CMAPs are generated automatically from font encodings.
In this reason, this feature works for fonts with custom encodings.
It works without any additional packages.
* `Insert|Indexing Stuffs' lets you choose Index Style for current document.
In advance, it forces automatical running of MakeIndex after every TeXing,
and marking inserted commands with bookmark #9.
For more information about changes see
---------- End of BaKoMa TeX Information ----------
----- End forwarded message -----
Thanks for the upload; I installed it as suggested in
replacing the old version.
License: BaKoMa is shareware.
for the CTAN team