CTAN update: lua-widow-control
- Documentation updates (#25) - Bug fixes (#28)
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/lua-widow-control The package’s files themselves can be inspected at https://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/luatex/generic/lua-widow-control/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups. Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs
lua-widow-control – Automatically remove widows and orphans from any document
Unmodified TeX has very few ways of preventing widows and orphans.
In documents with figures, section headings, and equations, TeX can
stretch the vertical glue between items in order to prevent widows
and orphans, but many documents have no figures or headings.
TeX can also shorten the page by 1 line, but this will give each
page a different length which can make a document look uneven.
The typical solution is to strategically insert
but this requires manual editing every time that the document is edited.
Lua-widow-control is essentially an automation of the
\looseness method: it uses Lua callbacks to find
“stretchy” paragraphs, then it lengthens them to remove widows and orphans.
Lua-widow-control is compatible with all LuaTeX and LuaMetaTeX-based formats. All that is required is to load the package at the start of your document. To load:
- Plain LuaTeX:
- 2022-11-23 CTAN update: lua-widow-control
- 2022-07-29 CTAN update: lua-widow-control
- 2022-04-25 CTAN update: lua-widow-control
- 2022-04-15 CTAN update: lua-widow-control
- 2022-03-30 CTAN update: lua-widow-control
- 2022-03-22 CTAN update: lua-widow-control
- 2022-03-20 CTAN update: lua-widow-control
- 2022-03-09 CTAN update: lua-widow-control