CTAN update: babel
- Preliminary code for non-standard hyphenation, like ff -> ff-f (lua). - \babelprovide now can be used to add or modify values for the keys in ini files. - Line breaking in South East Asian and CKJ are assimilated to hyphenation, and it is activated even without 'import' (lua).
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/babel/base More information is at https://www.ctan.org/pkg/babel
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Erik Braun
CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups. Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs
babel – Multilingual support for Plain TeX or LaTeX
This package manages culturally-determined typographical (and other) rules for a wide range of languages. A document may select a single language to be supported, or it may select several, in which case the document may switch from one language to another in a variety of ways.
Babel uses contributed configuration files that provide the detail of what has to be done for each language. Included is also a set of ini files for about 200 languages.
Many language styles work with pdfLaTeX, as well as with XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX, out of the box. A few even work with plain formats.
|Copyright||1989–2012 Johannes Braams et al.|
2012–2020 Javier Bezos and Johannes L. Braams
|Maintainer||Javier Bezos López|
Johannes L. Braams (inactive)
- 2020-03-23 CTAN Update: babel
- 2020-02-29 CTAN update: babel
- 2020-02-15 CTAN Update: babel
- 2020-02-04 CTAN Update: babel
- 2020-01-17 CTAN update: babel
- 2019-12-09 CTAN update: babel
- 2019-11-15 CTAN update: babel
- 2019-10-16 CTAN update: babel