CTAN update: xint
This is a clean-up release. It deprecates many macros from xintcore.sty and xint.sty. Deprecated macros generate an error message but then (as a rule) expand as in former releases. The majority of these deprecated macros receive their proper definitions from package xintfrac.sty. Loading the latter will thus, for those macros it defines again, make invisible to end-user this xintcore/xint macro deprecation status. All these deprecated macros are marked for removal at next major release.
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/generic/xint More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/xint We are supported by the TeX User Groups. Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Ina Dau
xint – Expandable operations on long numbers
The bundle provides nine packages:
- xintcore, which provides expandable TeX macros that implement the basic arithmetic operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, as applied to arbitrarily long numbers represented as chains of digits with an optional minus sign;
- xint, which extends xintcore with more big integer operations;
- xinttools, which provides utilities of independent interest such as expandable and non-expandable loops;
- xintfrac, which computes fractions using xint;
- xintexpr, which extends xintfrac with an expandable parser of comma separated expressions involving integers, fractions, boolean, and algebraic operators, and declared as well as dummy variables;
- xintbinhex provides conversions to and from binary and hexadecimal bases;
- xintseries, which provides basic functionality for computing partial sums using xint;
- xintgcd, which provides implementations of the Euclidean algorithm, and of its typesetting;
- xintcfrac, which deals with the computation of continued fractions.
All of the packages’ computations are done in a way that they can operate in an expanding environment.
The packages may be used either with Plain TeX or LaTeX.
- 2017-08-30 CTAN update: xint
- 2017-08-08 CTAN Update: xint
- 2017-08-02 CTAN update: xint
- 2017-07-28 CTAN update: xint
- 2017-01-08 CTAN update: xint
- 2016-12-24 CTAN Update: xint
- 2016-12-14 CTAN update: xint
- 2016-03-20 CTAN update: xint