xint – Expandable operations on long numbers
The xint bundle main modules are:
- utilities of independent interest such as expandable and non-expandable loops,
- expandable macros implementing addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and powers for arbitrarily long integers,
- extension of xintcore,
- extends the scope of xint to decimal numbers, to numbers using scientific notation and also to (exact) fractions,
- provides expandable parsers of numeric expressions using the standard infix notations, parentheses, built-in functions, user definable functions and variables (and more ...) which do either exact evaluations (also with fractions) or floating point evaluations under a user chosen precision.
Further modules of the bundle are:
xintkernel (support macros for all the bundle constituents),
xintbinhex (conversion to and from hexadecimal and binary bases),
lcm() functions to xintexpr),
xintseries (evaluates numerically partial sums of series and
power series with fractional coefficients), and
xintcfrac (dedicated to the computation and display of continued fractions).
All computations are compatible with expansion-only context.
The packages may be used with Plain TeX, LaTeX, or (a priori) any other macro format built upon TeX.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3c|
|Copyright||2013–2022 Jean-François Burnol|
|Contained in||TeX Live as xint|
MiKTeX as xint
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (3.9M).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- minifp: Fixed-point real computations to 8 decimals
- fltpoint: Simple floating point arithmetic
- basicarith: Macros for typesetting basic arithmetic
- intcalc: Expandable arithmetic operations with integers