CTAN Update: babel
* Fix - error when version in format and of package didn't match. * Now switch.def is loaded always. * First steps in bidi writing.
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/babel The package’s files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/babel/base/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
We are supported by the TeX users groups. Please join a users group; see https://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
babel – Multilingual support for Plain TeX or LaTeX
The package manages culturally-determined typographical (and other) rules, and hyphenation patterns for a wide range of languages. A document may select a single language to be supported, or it may select several, in which case the document may switch from one language to another in a variety of ways.
Babel uses contributed configuration files that provide the detail of what has to be done for each language.
Users of XeTeX are advised to use polyglossia rather than Babel.
Javier Bezos López|
Johannes L. Braams (inactive)
- 2017-11-04 CTAN update: babel
- 2017-10-05 CTAN Update: babel
- 2017-09-19 CTAN Update: babel
- 2017-06-27 CTAN Update: babel
- 2017-05-20 CTAN Update: babel
- 2017-04-29 CTAN Update: babel
- 2016-02-25 CTAN update: babel
- 2016-02-03 CTAN update: babel