CTAN Update: xint
The macros of xintbinhex.sty have been revisited again. Their speed and the sizes of the maximal allowable inputs have been increased. As I have little "internet time" during August, I decided not to wait before releasing the improved versions, although the previous release is only a week old. Also, xintbinhex.sty loads only xintkernel.sty, not xintcore.sty anymore as it has no more dependencies upon it.
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/xint The package’s files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/generic/xint/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
We are supported by the TeX users groups. Please join a users group; see https://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
xint – Expandable operations on long numbers
The xint bundle main modules are:
- utilities of independent interest such as expandable and non-expandable loops,
- expandable macros implementing addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and powers for arbitrarily long integers,
- extension of xintcore,
- extends the scope of xint to decimal numbers, to numbers using scientific notation and also to (exact) fractions,
- provides expandable parsers of numeric expressions using the standard infix notations, parentheses, built-in functions, user definable functions and variables (and more ...) which do either exact evaluations (also with fractions) or floating point evaluations under a user chosen precision.
Further modules of the bundle are: xintkernel (support macros for all the bundle constituents),
xintbinhex (conversion to and from hexadecimal and binary bases),
lcm() functions to xintexpr),
xintseries (evaluates numerically partial sums of series and power series with fractional coefficients),
and xintcfrac (dedicated to the computation and display of continued fractions).
All computations are compatible with expansion-only context.
The packages may be used with Plain TeX, LaTeX, or (a priori) any other macro format built upon TeX.
|Copyright||2013–2019 Jean-François Burnol|
- 2019-04-07 CTAN update: xint
- 2019-01-07 CTAN Update: xint
- 2018-06-18 CTAN update: xint
- 2018-05-19 CTAN update: xint
- 2018-03-08 CTAN update: xint
- 2018-03-02 CTAN update: xint
- 2018-02-07 CTAN update: xint
- 2017-12-07 CTAN update: xint