CTAN update: hyph-utf8
- new Afrikaans patterns (by Tilla Fick and Chris Swanepoel) - support for pTeX - preliminary version of pan-Ethiopic patterns - remove the hack for OT1 encoding support for French and Danish patterns
This package is at http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/language/hyph-utf8/ . Information is at http://tug.ctan.org/pkg/hyph-utf8 (it may take a day for the information to appear). We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . For your users group see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
hyph-utf8 – Hyphenation patterns expressed in UTF-8
Modern native UTF-8 engines such as XeTeX and LuaTeX need hyphenation patterns in UTF-8 format, whereas older systems require hyphenation patterns in the 8-bit encoding of the font in use (such encodings are codified in the LaTeX scheme with names like OT1, T2A, TS1, OML, LY1, etc).
The present package offers a collection of conversions of existing patterns to UTF-8 format, together with converters for use with 8-bit fonts in older systems. Since hyphenation patterns for Knuthian-style TeX systems are only read at iniTeX time, it is hoped that the UTF-8 patterns, with their converters, will completely supplant the older patterns.
|Copyright||2008–2018 TeX Users Group|
Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard (inactive)
Khaled Hosny (inactive)
Élie Roux (inactive)
- 2019-05-20 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
- 2019-04-06 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
- 2018-11-05 CTAN Update: hyph-utf8
- 2018-07-27 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
- 2017-05-19 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
- 2016-05-17 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
- 2016-02-19 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
- 2016-02-13 CTAN Update: hyph-utf8