forest – Drawing (linguistic) trees
The package provides a PGF/TikZ-based mechanism for drawing linguistic (and other kinds of) trees. Its main features are:
- a packing algorithm which can produce very compact trees;
- a user-friendly interface consisting of the familiar bracket encoding of trees plus the key-value interface to option-setting;
- many tree-formatting options, with control over option values of individual nodes and mechanisms for their manipulation;
- the possibility to decorate the tree using the full power of PGF/TikZ; and
- an externalization mechanism sensitive to code-changes.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3|
|Contained in||TeX Live as forest|
MiKTeX as forest
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (1.8M).
Export the package reference as BibTeX file
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- tikz-qtree: Use existing qtree syntax for trees in TikZ
- binarytree: Drawing binary trees using TikZ
- tikz-page: Small macro to help building nice and complex layout materials
- callouts: Put simple annotations and notes inside a picture