This bundle provides OpenType versions of the Old German fonts
ygoth’ and yswab’ designed by Yannis Haralambous in METAFONT (1990).
- yfrak.otf, ygoth.otf, yswab.otf: the three OpenType fonts
- yfonts-otf.sty LaTeX style file defining the three font families
- yfonts-otf.pdf Documentation in PDF format
- yfonts-otf.ltx LaTeX source of yfonts-otf.pdf
- Erlkonig.pdf Example: Goethe's poem typeset with these fonts
- Erlkonig.ltx LaTeX source of Erlkonig.pdf
- README.md (this file)
This package is meant to be installed automatically by TeXLive, MikTeX, etc. Otherwise, the package can be installed under TEXMFHOME or TEXMFLOCAL, f.i. yfonts-otf in directory texmf-local/fonts/opentype/public/yfonts-otf/ and oldgerm-otf.sty in directory texmf-local/tex/latex/yfonts-otf/. Documentation files and their sources can go to directory texmf-local/doc/fonts/public/yfonts-otf/
Don't forget to rebuild the file database (mktexlsr or so) if you install under TEXMFLOCAL.
- The three fonts are licensed under the SIL Open Font License,
Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- The other files are distributed under the terms of the LaTeX Project
- First public version: 0.30
- v0.40: Substantial changes following suggestions by Keno Wehr:
- oldgerm-otf.sty has been renamed to yfonts-otf.sty, oldgerm-otf.sty is kept for compatibility; it inputs yfonts-otf.sty.
- Ligatures features reorganised: dlig and alig features deleted, only rlig, liga (and hlig for ygoth only) are used.
- Ligature tz was missing in yswab.otf, added now.
- Hungarian Umlaut was missing in yfrak.otf and yswab.otf, added now.
- The s variant (long/short) is chosen automatically (code borrowed from Unifraktur Maguntia).
- Added characters ÀÁÄÈÉËÌÍÏÒÓÖÙÚÜ (uppercase of all available lowercase characters); Ä->Ae, Ö->Oe, Ü->Ue.
- ygoth.otf: fixed right bearing of the longs variants. Missing Ligatures longsi added for the long s and its variant.
- yfonts-otf.sty: char"200C deleted in longs definition so that longslongs prints the ligature ſſ.
- Documentation fixes.
- yfrak.otf, yswab.otf: missing ligatures fi, fl, ffi, ffl added.
- yswab.otf: features "cv01" and "cv02" added (variants for "!" and "?").
- ygoth.otf: feature "Alternate=1" renamed "StylisticSet=1" as it didn't work with XeLaTeX. Fixed inconsistent bearings.
— Copyright 2022- Daniel Flipo E-mail: daniel (dot) flipo (at) free (dot) fr
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (227.3k).
yfonts-otf – OpenType version of the Old German fonts designed by Yannis Haralambous
This is an OpenType version of the Old German fonts yfrak, ygoth, yswab designed by Yannis Haralambous in METAFONT. The OpenType features make it easier to deal with the long/round s and with older forms of umlauts (small e over the letter).
A style file yfonts-otf.sty is provided as a replacement, for LuaLaTeX and XeLaTeX, of yfonts.sty or oldgerm.sty.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3|
The SIL Open Font License
|Copyright||2022 Daniel Flipo|
|Contained in||TeX Live as yfonts-otf|
MiKTeX as yfonts-otf