CTAN package update: pst-geo
This new version of pst-map3d has some new interesting features for drawing three dimensional views of the earth, like tectonic fields, magnetic boundaries, and epicenters of earthquakes
This package is located at http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-geo . More information is at http://tug.ctan.org/pkg/pst-geo (if the package is new it may take a day for that information to appear). We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
pst-geo – Geographical Projections
The package offers a set of PSTricks related packages for various cartographic projections of the terrestrial sphere. The package pst-map2d provides conventional projections such as Mercator, Lambert, cylindrical, etc.
The package pst-map3d treats representation in three dimensions of the terrestrial sphere. Packages pst-map2dII and pst-map3dII allow use of the CIA World DataBank II. Various parameters of the packages allow for choice of the level of the detail and the layouts possible (cities, borders, rivers etc).
Substantial data files are provided, in an (internally) compressed format. Decompression happens on-the-fly as a document using the data is displayed, printed or converted to PDF format. A Perl script is provided for the user to do the decompression, if the need should arise.
- 2016-12-14 CTAN update: pst-geo
- 2009-08-31 CTAN update: pst-geo
- 2008-07-23 CTAN package update: pst-geo
- 2005-11-12 CTAN package update: pst-geo (mostly documentation)
- 2005-11-10 CTAN package update: pst-geo
- 2004-05-18 CTAN submission: pstricks update and contributed packages
- 2004-05-10 CTAN upload notification: pst-geo
- 2004-02-26 CTAN upload notification: pst-geo