CTAN Update: nicetext (fifinddo & makedoc)
The NICETEXT bundle offers ``minimal'' markup syntax for restricted kinds of text: There should not be much more characters typed than printed! (though keeping LaTeX quality.) No more backslashes, technical terms, and curly braces! (so clumsy on PC keyboards) ... Main focus now is easy *documentation of LaTeX packages*. Preprocessing by 'Perl' or so is replaced by TeX macros (reviving/generalizing the 'docstrip' idea). 'fifinddo.sty' provides setup for txt -> TeX preprocessing macros including *expandable* sequences of safe, correct string substitions. 'fifinddo.pdf' mathematically characterizes wrong substring detection by 'substr.sty' as well as by LaTeX's internal `\in@'. There is a script language for detecting package code and documentation and for supplying plain text with typographical markup ('makedoc.sty', 'mdcorr.cfg').
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/nicetext/ . More information is at http://tug.ctan.org/info/?id=nicetext (if the package is new it may take a day for that information to appear). We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html . _______________________________________________ Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Rainer Schöpf
nicetext – Minimal markup for simple text (Wikipedia style) and documentation
The bundle offers “minimal” markup syntax for various simple kinds of text. The user will typically involve little more than is printed, and will still get LaTeX quality.
The bundle provides four packages:
- wiki addresses general texts, marked up in the simple style used on Wikipedia;
- niceverb is yet another means of documenting LaTeX packages: it offers syntax-aware typesetting of meta-variables (macro arguments) and for referring to commands (and their syntax) in footnotes, section titles etc.;
- fifinddo aims to parse plain text or (La)TeX files using TeX, and to write the results to an external file; the package is used by another member of the bundle:
- makedoc, which provides the means to produce typeset documentation direct from package files.
|Maintainer||Uwe Lück (deceased)|
- 2015-11-10 CTAN update: nicetext
- 2012-12-04 CTAN Update: nicetext
- 2012-11-29 CTAN Update: nicetext
- 2012-11-17 CTAN Update: nicetext
- 2012-10-01 CTAN Update: nicetext
- 2012-04-03 CTAN Update: nicetext
- 2012-03-19 CTAN Update: nicetext
- 2011-08-24 CTAN Update: nicetext