CTAN Update: exam
Version 2.6 of the exam documentclass. Grading tables and point tables can now have multiple rows or multiple columns, there's a new option for two-sided documents to have points either always in the outer margin or always in the inner margin, and when filling space with lines or dotted lines those lines can be in color. There are also fixes for several obscure bugs.
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/exam The package’s files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/exam/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
We are supported by the TeX users groups. Please join a users group; see https://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
exam – Package for typesetting exam scripts
Provides a class exam.cls, which eases production of exams, even by a LaTeX novice. Simple commands are provided to:
- create questions, parts of questions, subparts of parts, and subsubparts of subparts, all with optional point values;
- create a grading table, indexed either by question number (listing each question and the total possible points for that question) or by page number (listing each page with points and the total possible points for that page);
- create headers and footers that are each specified in three parts: one part to be left justified, one part to be centered, and one part to be right justified, in the manner of fancyhdr.
Headers and/or footers can be different on the first page of the exam, can be different on the last page of the exam, and can vary depending on whether the page number is odd or even, or on whether the current page continues a question from a previous page, or on whether the last question on the current page continues onto the following page.
Multiple line headers and/or footers are allowed, and it's easy to increase the part of the page devoted to headers and/or footers to allow for this.
Note that the bundle exams also provides a file exam.cls; the two bundles therefore clash, and should not be installed on the same system.
|Copyright||1994,1997,2000,2004,2008,2011,2015,2017 Philip S. Hirschhorn|
Philip S. Hirschhorn|
- 2017-11-17 CTAN Update: exam
- 2015-05-09 CTAN update: exam
- 2011-05-23 CTAN update: Version 2.4 of the exam document class
- 2008-07-19 CTAN package update: Version 2.3 of the exam document class
- 2004-08-19 CTAN package update: the exam document class