CTAN Update: babel
- Another fix - equation numbers raised an error. - Two minor changes: if no language is requested load nil instead of raising an error, and the message 'babel <x.x>...' is not printed to the log any more.
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/babel The package’s files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/babel/base/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
We are supported by the TeX users groups. Please join a users group; see https://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
babel – Multilingual support for Plain TeX or LaTeX
The package manages culturally-determined typographical (and other) rules, and hyphenation patterns for a wide range of languages. A document may select a single language to be supported, or it may select several, in which case the document may switch from one language to another in a variety of ways.
Babel uses contributed configuration files that provide the detail of what has to be done for each language.
Users of XeTeX may alternatively use polyglossia instead of Babel.
|Copyright||1989–2012 Johannes Braams|
2012–2018 Javier Bezos and Johannes L. Braams
|Maintainer||Javier Bezos López|
Johannes L. Braams (inactive)
- 2018-06-06 CTAN Update: babel
- 2018-05-11 CTAN Update: babel
- 2018-05-03 CTAN update: babel
- 2018-04-26 CTAN Update: babel
- 2018-02-17 CTAN update: babel
- 2018-01-25 CTAN update: babel
- 2018-01-05 CTAN Update: babel
- 2017-11-04 CTAN update: babel