CTAN Update: babel
- Another fix - equation numbers raised an error. - Two minor changes: if no language is requested load nil instead of raising an error, and the message 'babel <x.x>...' is not printed to the log any more.
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/babel The package’s files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/babel/base/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
We are supported by the TeX users groups. Please join a users group; see https://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
babel – Multilingual support for Plain TeX or LaTeX
This package manages culturally-determined typographical (and other) rules for a wide range of languages. A document may select a single language to be supported, or it may select several, in which case the document may switch from one language to another in a variety of ways.
Babel uses contributed configuration files that provide the detail of what has to be done for each language. Included is also a set of ini files for about 200 languages.
Many language styles work with pdfLaTeX, as well as with XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX, out of the box. A few even work with plain formats.
|Copyright||1989–2012 Johannes Braams et al.|
2012–2019 Javier Bezos and Johannes L. Braams
|Maintainer||Javier Bezos López|
Johannes L. Braams (inactive)
- 2019-07-20 CTAN Update: babel
- 2019-06-04 CTAN update: babel
- 2019-05-05 CTAN Update: babel
- 2019-04-23 CTAN Update: babel
- 2019-04-04 CTAN Update: babel
- 2019-04-02 CTAN Update: babel
- 2018-09-27 CTAN Update: babel
- 2018-06-06 CTAN Update: babel