CTAN Update: texlive-dummy for openSUSE
update for TeX Live 2012
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/support/texlive/texlive-dummy/openSUSE/ . More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/texlive-dummy-opensuse (if the package is new it may take a day for that information to appear). We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Rainer Schöpf
texlive-dummy-opensuse – Dummy TeX Live RPM for use with Open SUSE
The package solves a problem relating to use of TeX Live under a Linux distribution: Linux distributions typically require LaTeX by default, but only distribute a rather out-of-date version. So, by default, the user who wants to use current TeX Live has to undertake “dirty tricks” to override the default Linux TeX.
The solution is to declare that LaTeX is already installed; a later installation of TeX Live will therefore have no problem running on the system. The present package solves the problem for SUSE Linux distributions.
- 2017-06-08 CTAN Update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
- 2016-06-09 CTAN Update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
- 2015-06-16 CTAN Update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
- 2014-09-04 CTAN update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
- 2014-07-07 CTAN Update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
- 2012-08-14 CTAN Update: texlive-dummy for openSUSE