CTAN Update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
Changes for TeX Live 2016
The package's Catalogue entry can be viewed at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/texlive-dummy-opensuse The package's files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/support/texlive/texlive-dummy/openSUSE/ We are supported by the TeX users groups. Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
texlive-dummy-opensuse – Dummy TeX Live RPM for use with Open SUSE
The package solves a problem relating to use of TeX Live under a Linux distribution: Linux distributions typically require LaTeX by default, but only distribute a rather out-of-date version. So, by default, the user who wants to use current TeX Live has to undertake “dirty tricks” to override the default Linux TeX.
The solution is to declare that LaTeX is already installed; a later installation of TeX Live will therefore have no problem running on the system. The present package solves the problem for openSUSE Linux distributions.
- 2018-05-26 CTAN update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
- 2017-06-08 CTAN Update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
- 2016-06-09 CTAN Update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
- 2015-06-16 CTAN Update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
- 2014-09-04 CTAN update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
- 2014-07-07 CTAN Update: texlive-dummy-opensuse
- 2012-08-14 CTAN Update: texlive-dummy for openSUSE