Announcements for datatool
- 2019-09-28 CTAN update: datatool
- 2018-12-08 CTAN Update: datatool
- 2018-04-17 CTAN update: datatool
- 2017-11-11 CTAN Update: datatool
- 2016-07-29 CTAN update: datatool
- 2016-01-14 CTAN update: datatool
- 2015-07-12 CTAN Update: datatool
- 2014-03-10 CTAN update: datatool
- 2014-02-04 CTAN Update: datatool
- 2013-07-12 CTAN update: datatool
- 2013-07-02 CTAN update: datatool
- 2013-01-16 CTAN update: datatool
- 2012-10-01 CTAN update: datatool
- 2012-07-23 CTAN package update: datatool
- 2009-11-15 CTAN update: datatool
- 2009-07-13 CTAN update: datatool
- 2009-03-27 CTAN update: datatool
- 2009-03-01 CTAN Update: datatool
- 2007-08-20 CTAN package update: datatool
- 2007-07-24 New CTAN package: datatool
datatool – Tools to load and manipulate data
The tools comprise six packages:
- datatool.sty: databases may be created using LaTeX commands or by importing external files; they may be sorted numerically or alphabetically; repetitive operations (such as mail merging) may be performed on each row of a database, subject to conditions to exclude particular rows; commands are provided to examine database elements, and to convert formats (for example, to convert a numeric element to a format compatible with the fp package;
- datapie.sty: a database may be represented as a pie chart; flexible options allow colouring of the chart, and annotation hooks are available;
- dataplot.sty: a database may be represented as a 2-dimensional scatter or line plot; flexible options control of the plot's overall appearance, and of legends and other extra information;
- databar.sty: a database may be represented as a bar chart; overall appearance, colouring and annotation are controllable;
- datagidx.sty: provides a way of indexing or creating glossaries/lists of acronyms that uses TeX to do the sorting and collating instead of using an external indexing application, such as xindy or makeindex;
- databib.sty: a bibliography may be loaded into a datatool database, and manipulated there before being printed (this permits a LaTeX-based route to printing bibliographies in formats for which no BibTeX style is available); and
- person.sty: provides support for displaying a person’s name and pronoun in a document, thus avoiding cumbersome use of “he/she”, etc.
The drawing packages make use of PGF/TikZ for their output.
The bundle supersedes and replaces the author’s csvtools bundle.
|Copyright||2009, 2013–2019 Nicola Talbot|
Atom Atom 1.0 feed with announcements for package datatool.
RSS RSS 2.0 feed with announcements for package datatool.