glossaries – Create glossaries and lists of acronyms
The glossaries package supports acronyms and multiple glossaries, and has provision for operation in several languages (using the facilities of either babel or polyglossia). New entries are defined to have a name and description (and optionally an associated symbol). Support for multiple languages is offered, and plural forms of terms may be specified. An additional package, glossaries-accsupp, can make use of the accsupp package mechanisms for accessibility support for PDF files containing glossaries.
The user may define new glossary styles, and preambles and postambles can be specified. There is provision for loading a database of terms, but only terms used in the text will be added to the relevant glossary.
This package requires the mfirstuc package.
The package supersedes the author’s glossary package (which is now obsolete), and a conversion tool is provided.
The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3
|Contained in||TeX Live as glossaries|
|MiKTeX as glossaries|
define and use acronyms
glossary and nomenclature support
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (5.6M).
- 2017-01-08 CTAN update: glossaries
- 2016-05-28 CTAN Update: glossaries
- 2016-01-25 CTAN update: glossaries
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- acroterm: Manage and index acronyms and terms
- glossaries-polish: Polish language module for glossaries package
- glossaries-swedish: Swedish language module for glossaries package
- glossaries-german: German language module for glossaries package