devanagari – Typeset Devanagari
Frans Velthuis' preprocessor for Devanagari text, and fonts and macros to use when typesetting the processed text. The macros provide features that support Sanskrit, Hindi, Marathi, Nepali, and other languages typically printed in the Devanagari script.
The package provides fonts, in both METAFONT and Type 1 formats.
Users of modern TeX distributions may care to try the XeTeX based package, which is far preferable for users who can type Unicode text.
|Licenses||GNU General Public License|
Steven T. Smith
|Contained in||TeX Live as velthuis|
MiKTeX as devanagari
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (5.3M).
Export the package reference as BibTeX file
- 2019-03-07 CTAN update: devanagari
- 2016-07-07 CTAN update: devanagari
- 2008-06-23 CTAN Update: Velthuis devanagari for TeX
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- telugu: (La)TeX Support for writing the Telugu Language
- armtex: A system for writing Armenian with TeX and LaTeX
- cbcoptic: Coptic fonts and LaTeX macros for general usage and for philology
- csx: Computer Sanskrit(/Extended) coding support on MS-DOS