extractpdfmark – Extract page mode and named destinations as PDFmark from PDF
PDFmarks is a technique that accompanies PDF and that is used to store metadata such as author or title, but also structural information such as bookmarks or hyperlinks.
When Ghostscript reads the main PDF generated by the TeX system with embedded PDF files and outputs the final PDF, the PDF page mode and name targets etc. are not preserved. Therefore, when you open the final PDF, it is not displayed correctly. Also, remote PDF links do not work correctly.
This program is able to extract the page mode and named targets as PDFmark from PDF. In this way, you can obtain embedded PDF files that have kept this information.
$ extractpdfmark TeX-System-Outputted.pdf > Extracted-PDFmark.ps
$ gs -q -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dPDFDontUseFontObjectNum
-sOutputFile=Final.pdf TeX-System-Outputted.pdf Extracted-PDFmark.ps
|Licenses||GNU General Public License, version 3 or newer|
|Copyright||2016–2022 Masamichi Hosoda|
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (415.6k).
- 2022-10-03 CTAN update: extractpdfmark
- 2019-02-12 CTAN update: extractpdfmark
- 2018-12-10 CTAN Update: extractpdfmark
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- thumbpdf: Thumbnails for pdfTeX and dvips/ps2pdf
- mmap: Include CMap resources in PDF files from pdfTeX
- attachfile: Attach arbitrary files to a PDF document
- embedall: Embed source files into the generated PDF