graphicscache – Cache includegraphics calls
This LaTeX package provides caching of \includegraphics calls, with several useful effects:
- Recompilations are much faster (10x speedup observed).
Images can be postprocessed with ghostscript
before inclusion, thus:
- Automatic downscaling to specified DPI
- Automatic JPEG compression with configurable quality
- Much smaller files (e.g. 10MB instead of 150MB)!
Note: Due to the one-by-one invocation of pdflatex and ghostscript for each graphics element, the first compilation is typically slower than usual.
Note: graphicscache needs the \write18 call (also called shell escape). This is a security risk if you have untrusted TeX sources.
graphicscache supports pdfLaTeX and LuaLaTeX; XeLaTeX is not supported.
|Licenses||3-clause BSD License|
|Copyright||2018–2021 Max Schwarz|
|Contained in||TeX Live as graphicscache|
MiKTeX as graphicscache
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (178.7k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- bashful: Invoke bash commands from within LaTeX
- conditext: Define and manage conditional content
- hideanswer: Generate documents with and without answers by toggling a switch
- jupynotex: Include whole or partial Jupyter notebooks in LaTeX documents