skak – Fonts and macros for typesetting chess games
This package provides macros and fonts in METAFONT format which can be used to typeset chess games using PGN, and to show diagrams of the current board in a document. The package builds on work by Piet Tutelaers — the main novelty is the use of PGN for input instead of the more cumbersome coordinate notation (g1f3 becomes the more readable Nf3 in PGN).
An Adobe Type 1 implementation of skak's fonts is available as package skaknew; an alternative chess notational scheme is available in package texmate, and a general mechanism for selecting chess fonts is provided in chessfss.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License|
|Contained in||TeX Live as skak|
MiKTeX as skak
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (240.4k).
- 2013-07-22 CTAN update: skak
- 2008-10-16 CTAN update: skak v1.5
- 2003-10-03 CTAN package upload: skak v1.3
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- bdfchess: Typeset correspondence chess games
- igo: Fonts and macro to typeset Go diagrams
- magic: A font to go with the Magic(TM) game
- cmoefont: Old English glyphs to go with Computer Modern