soul – Hyphenation for letterspacing, underlining, and more
The package provides hyphenable spacing out (letterspacing), underlining, striking out, etc., using the TeX hyphenation algorithm to find the proper hyphens automatically. It also provides a mechanism that can be used to implement similar tasks, that have to treat text syllable by syllable. This is shown in two examples.
This version is a merge of the original soul package from Melchior Franz and the soulutf8 package from Heiko Oberdiek and supports also UTF8.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3|
|Copyright||2007 Heiko Oberdiek|
2016–2023 Oberdiek Package Support Group
|Contained in||TeX Live as soul|
MiKTeX as soul
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (880.0k).
- 2023-02-19 CTAN update: soul
- 2003-11-18 CTAN submission -- soul.sty
- 2002-01-04 CTAN submission -- soul.sty
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- umoline: Underline text allowing line breaking
- microtype: Subliminal refinements towards typographical perfection
- underlin: Underlined running heads
- ulem: Package for underlining