CTAN Update: gentium-tug
This update to the gentium-tug package changes only the lgr-gentiumplus-regular.tfm and lgr-gentiumplus-italic.tfm metric files. Now, as expected for the LGR encoding, a sigma at the end of a word, or followed by punctuation, will be automatically changed (via the TeX/MF ligature mechanism) to a final sigma. All the pfb/ttf/etc. files, and all the other metric files, are unchanged. The documentation is slightly updated. Big thanks to Ralf Stubner for suggesting and then implementing this! The major addition in this gentium-tug TeX package remains Type 1 fonts corresponding to the TrueType originals. These incorporate the name "Gentium" by permission of SIL given to the TeX Users Group. The package also includes support files for LaTeX and ConTeXt, and TeX-specific documentation discussing the supported encodings, etc. The home page for gentium-tug is https://tug.org/gentium.
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/gentium-tug The package’s files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/gentium-tug/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
We are supported by the TeX users groups. Please join a users group; see https://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
gentium-tug – Gentium fonts (in two formats) and support files
Gentium is a typeface family designed to enable the diverse ethnic groups around the world who use the Latin, Cyrillic and Greek scripts to produce readable, high-quality publications. It supports a wide range of Latin- and Cyrillic-based alphabets.
The package consists of:
- The original (unaltered) GentiumPlus, GentiumBook, and other Gentium-family fonts in TrueType format, as developed by SIL and released under the OFL (see OFL.txt and OFL-FAQ.txt);
- Converted fonts in PostScript Type 1 format, released under the same terms. These incorporate the name “Gentium” by permission of SIL given to the TeX Users Group;
- ConTeXt, LaTeX and other supporting files;
- TeX-related documentation, and the SIL documentation and other files.
Thomas A. Schmitz (inactive)
- 2019-07-12 CTAN Update: gentium-tug
- 2015-05-14 CTAN update: gentium-tug
- 2013-07-06 New on CTAN: gentium-tug