CTAN update: gentium-tug
The gentium-tug package has been updated, corresponding to the SIL GentiumPlus 6.101 release (https://software.sil.org/gentium), following the latest Unicode updates and including some new glyphs. The major addition in this gentium-tug TeX package remains Type 1 fonts corresponding to the TrueType originals. These incorporate the name "Gentium" by permission of SIL given to the TeX Users Group. The package also includes support files for LaTeX, and TeX-specific documentation discussing the supported encodings, etc. The package is a collaborative effort among Mojca Miklavec, Pavel Farar, and Karl Berry. ConTeXt supports Gentium in its main distribution. The home page for gentium-tug is https://tug.org/gentium.
This package is located at https://mirrors.ctan.org/fonts/gentium-tug More information is at https://www.ctan.org/pkg/gentium-tug
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Manfred Lotz CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups. Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs .
gentium-tug – Gentium fonts (in two formats) and support files
Gentium is a typeface family designed to enable the diverse ethnic groups around the world who use the Latin, Cyrillic and Greek scripts to produce readable, high-quality publications. It supports a wide range of Latin- and Cyrillic-based alphabets.
The package consists of:
- The original (unaltered) GentiumPlus, GentiumBook, and other Gentium-family fonts in TrueType format, as developed by SIL and released under the OFL (see OFL.txt and OFL-FAQ.txt);
- Converted fonts in PostScript Type 1 format, released under the same terms. These incorporate the name “Gentium” by permission of SIL given to the TeX Users Group;
- LaTeX and other supporting files;
- TeX-related documentation, and the SIL documentation and other files.
Mojca Miklavec (inactive)
Thomas A. Schmitz (inactive)
- 2022-06-02 CTAN update: gentium-tug
- 2022-05-23 CTAN update: gentium-tug
- 2019-07-12 CTAN Update: gentium-tug
- 2015-05-14 CTAN update: gentium-tug
- 2013-07-06 New on CTAN: gentium-tug