CTAN update: amiri
Amiri 0.108 (2015-09-21)
* New glyphs: - New design of ? in ??? combination. - Alternate numbers for use in fractions, accessible with the OpenType features `numr` and `dnom`. - The new Arabic Extended-A vowel marks, in the range U+08E4?08FE. - Redesign the U+06C1 forms to make it distinctive from U+06BE. - Add ??? ?????? symbol, U+FDFB. * Fixes: - No longer replace two successive *fatha*, *damma* or *kasra* with a sequential *tanween* form, the characters U+08F0, U+08F1 and U+08F2 should be used instead. - Many kerning improvements. - Workaround a bug in Core Text (Mac OS X text layout engine) that break the ??? ligature. - All forms of U+06BA are now dotless, per Unicode standard. - Initial and medial forms of U+063E, U+063F, U+077A and U+077B were missing. - The dots in initial and medial forms of U+06BD should be inverted. * New fonts: - A coloured version of the Amiri Quran font that gives the vowels and Quranic annotation marks distinctive colours. This font uses the new `COLR`/`CPAL` font tables which are currently supported only by Firefox (all platforms) and MS Internet Explorer/Edge (Windows 8.1 and above). - The webfonts now include WOFF 2.0 files as well.
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/amiri More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/amiri We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Manfred Lotz
amiri – A classical Arabic typeface, Naskh style
Amiri is a classical Arabic typeface in Naskh style for typesetting books and other running text.
It is a revival of the beautiful typeface pioneered in the early 20th century by Bulaq Press in Cairo, also known as Amiria Press, after which the font is named.
The project aims at the revival of the aesthetics and traditions of Arabic typesetting, and adapting it to the era of digital typesetting, in a publicly available form.
- 2017-12-21 CTAN update: amiri
- 2017-05-13 CTAN Update: amiri
- 2015-09-22 CTAN update: amiri
- 2013-12-31 CTAN Update: amiri
- 2013-06-03 CTAN update: amiri
- 2012-05-31 CTAN update: amiri font
- 2012-05-22 CTAN update: amiri-font