CTAN Update: fontools
Changes in autoinst: - worked around a bug in Perl on Windows that would cause autoinst to hang - the -target option may interfere with kpathsea/texhash and updmap, so using it now implies -noupdmap as well - replaced 'ssub' calls in generated fd files by 'alias' (based on code by Frank Mittelbach). - fixed two minor bugs in the font info parsing
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/fontools The package’s files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/utilities/fontools/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups. Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs
fontools – Tools to simplify using fonts (especially TT/OTF ones)
This package provides tools to simplify using OpenType fonts with LaTeX.
By far the most important program in this bundle is autoinst:
- autoinst – a wrapper script around Eddie Kohler’s LCDF TypeTools. Autoinst aims to automate the installation of OpenType fonts in LaTeX by calling the LCDF TypeTools (with the correct options) for all fonts you wish to install, and generating the necessary .fd and .sty files.
In addition, this bundle contains a few other, less important utilities:
- afm2afm – re-encode .afm files,
- ot2kpx – extract kerning pairs from OpenType fonts,
- splitttc – split an OpenType Collection file (ttc or otc) into individual fonts.
|Copyright||2005–2021 Marc Penninga|
- 2020-07-30 CTAN update: fontools
- 2020-06-20 CTAN update: fontools
- 2020-05-28 CTAN update: fontools
- 2020-05-12 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-11-19 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-10-30 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-10-28 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-10-02 CTAN update: fontools