CTAN Update: paratype
- Added font PT Mono (currently just TrueType format). - My converted Type 1 version of fonts PT Sans and PT Serif is replaced by Type 1 fonts kindly provided by ParaType. It has two important advantages: First, they are of much higher quality. Second, the distribution of the fonts is not limited to TeX. - Added map file paratype-mixed.map that sets Type 1 version of PT Sans and PT Serif and TrueType version of PT Mono. It is just temporary sollution before I get Type 1 version of PT Mono. This map file may disappear in future releases of this package. - Added support for faked styles UprightItalic and Slanted of PT Serif. Requested by A. Jan Kutylowski. There are no font files containing these styles, the styles are generated on the fly. There is small incompatibility: In the previous version of paratype, if you requested slanted shape of PT Serif, it was replaced by italic shape. Now, there is both italic and slanted shape and they are different. - Removed f-ligatures from the TS1 and X2 encodings. They were set explicitely for all encodings on the command line, no matter if they were really needed. - The file paratype.sty sets PTMono-TLF as the default monospaced font.
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/paratype . More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/paratype (if the package is new it may take a day for that information to appear). We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Rainer Schöpf
paratype – LaTeX support for free fonts by ParaType
The package offers LaTeX support for the fonts PT Sans, PT Serif and PT Mono developed by ParaType for the project “Public Types of Russian Federation”, and released under an open user license.
The fonts themselves are provided in both the TrueType and Type 1 formats, both created by ParaType). The fonts provide encodings OT1, T1, IL2, TS1, T2* and X2.
- 2014-02-04 CTAN update: paratype
- 2013-05-22 CTAN update: paratype
- 2013-04-04 CTAN Update: paratype
- 2012-06-04 CTAN Update: paratype
- 2012-02-24 CTAN Update: paratype
- 2012-02-23 CTAN Update: paratype
- 2011-05-11 CTAN Update: paratype replaces ptsans and ptserif