bibtex – Process bibliographies (bib files) for LaTeX or other formats
BibTeX allows the user to store his citation data in generic form, while printing citations in a document in the form specified by a BibTeX style, to be specified in the document itself (one often needs a LaTeX citation-style package, such as natbib, as well).
BibTeX knows nothing about Unicode sorting algorithms or scripts, although it will pass on whatever bytes it reads. Its descendant bibtexu does support Unicode, via the ICU library. The older alternative bibtex8 supports 8-bit character sets.
|TeX Live as bibtex
MiKTeX as miktex-bibtex-bin-2.9
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (513.6k).
- 2010-12-13 CTAN update: bibtex
- 2007-01-11 CTAN update: BibTeX documentation and FAQ
- 2005-03-07 CTAN update: Tame The BeaST
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- biber-ms: A BibTeX replacement for users of BibLaTeX (multiscript version)
- ltb2bib: Converts amsrefs' .ltb bibliographical databases to BibTeX format
- biblio: A collection of bibliographies
- alphabib: Add alphabetical headers into citations