datatool – Tools to load and manipulate data
The tools comprise six packages:
- datatool.sty: databases may be created using LaTeX commands or by importing external files; they may be sorted numerically or alphabetically; repetitive operations (such as mail merging) may be performed on each row of a database, subject to conditions to exclude particular rows; commands are provided to examine database elements, and to convert formats (for example, to convert a numeric element to a format compatible with the fp package;
- datapie.sty: a database may be represented as a pie chart; flexible options allow colouring of the chart, and annotation hooks are available;
- dataplot.sty: a database may be represented as a 2-dimensional scatter or line plot; flexible options control of the plot's overall appearance, and of legends and other extra information;
- databar.sty: a database may be represented as a bar chart; overall appearance, colouring and annotation are controllable;
- datagidx.sty: provides a way of indexing or creating glossaries/lists of acronyms that uses TeX to do the sorting and collating instead of using an external indexing application, such as xindy or makeindex;
- databib.sty: a bibliography may be loaded into a datatool database, and manipulated there before being printed (this permits a LaTeX-based route to printing bibliographies in formats for which no BibTeX style is available); and
- person.sty: provides support for displaying a person’s name and pronoun in a document, thus avoiding cumbersome use of “he/she”, etc.
The drawing packages make use of PGF/TikZ for their output.
The bundle supersedes and replaces the author’s csvtools bundle.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3|
|Copyright||2009, 2013–2019 Nicola Talbot|
|Contained in||TeX Live as datatool|
MiKTeX as datatool
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (2.7M).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- diadia: Package to keep a diabetes diary
- swimgraf: Graphical/textual representations of swimming performances
- bitset: Handle bit-vector datatype
- coollist: Manipulate COntent Oriented LaTeX Lists