eitl – Easy install of TeX Live
The script allows the easy install of a current TeX Live version over the net. It is tested with the current Linux versions of OpenSUSE and Ubuntu. The script:
- looks for a fast server
- downloads the install script
- deletes an existing TeX Live version from Ubuntu (deb) or openSUSE (rpm)
- extracts and runs the install script
- installs a complete up-to-date TeX Live from tug.org
- installs the non free fonts from tug.org which are not part of TeX Live, like arial, Luxi mono, etc.
- installs the GUIs TeXmaker and TeXworks
- creates files zzz-texlive.sh/csh for /etc/profile.d/
If no directory is specified, TeX Live will be installed in the home directory ~/texlive. For another directory, run the script with the directory name; e.g.:
for some actions the script needs to be root. In such cases it asks for the root password.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License|
|Copyright||2012 Rolf Niepraschk, Herbert Voß|
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (5.8k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- texliveonfly: On-the-fly download of missing TeX live packages
- diagnose: A diagnostic tool for a TeX installation
- latexfileversion: Prints the version and date of a LaTeX class or style file
- ltxinput: Find files input by a document