hieroglf – The "poor man's" Egyptian Hieroglyphic font
The hieroglf bundle provides a Type 1 renidition of some of the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. Hieroglyphic writing was used between about 3000 BC and 400 AD.
The bundle is based on Serge Rosmorduc's comprehensive hieroglyph package, but only provides about one tenth of his 650-odd hieroglyphs. Sufficient glyphs are provided for writing a few names like Cleopatra or Ptolomeny (together with cartouches) and some numbers, but the package is not for serious Egyptologists.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3|
|Maintainer||Peter R. Wilson|
|Contained in||TeX Live as archaic|
MiKTeX as archaic
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (584.3k).
- 2015-07-30 CTAN update: hieroglf
- 2015-06-03 CTAN update: hieroglf
- 2003-10-30 CTAN submission --- hieroglf font
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- oldprsn: Fonts old Persian cuneiform script
- runic: Fonts for Anglo-Saxon futharc script
- ugarite: Fonts for Ugaritic cuneiform script
- cypriot: A script which was used on Cyprus for writing Greek