The babel-french package (formerly known as
This package provides support for the French language for the babel multilingual system.
It is designed to work with the following engines: pdfTeX, XeTeX and LuaTeX. Plain and LaTeX formats are supported.
The bundle consists of the following files:
- frenchb.ins: installation file to unpack the language definition files,
- frenchb.dtx: packed language definition files and documentation,
- frenchb.pdf: unpacked documentation for babel-french,
- frenchb-doc.pdf: comprehensive documentation in French,
- frenchb-doc.tex: source file of frenchb-doc.pdf,
- README.md (this file).
Released under the LaTeX Project Public License v1.3 or later See http://www.latex-project.org/lppl.txt
If the latest version of this package is not included in your LaTeX distribution, do the following:
- issue "luatex frenchb.ins" to unpack the language definition files;
- copy the files frenchb.lua, french.ldf, frenchb.ldf, francais.ldf, acadian.ldf and canadien.ldf to a location where TeX can find them (default location: $TEXMF/tex/generic/babel-french/);
- rebuild the database (mktexlsr or so).
See the included manuals for usage instructions: frenchb.pdf in English or the French documentation frenchb-doc.pdf.
See the included manual frenchb.pdf, section "Change History".
Copyright 1996–2022 Daniel Flipo E-mail: daniel (dot) flipo (at) free (dot) fr
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (562.0k).
babel-french – Babel contributed support for French
The package, formerly known as frenchb, establishes French conventions in a document (or a subset of the conventions, if French is not the main language of the document).
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3|
|Copyright||1996–2022 Daniel Flipo|
|Contained in||TeX Live as babel|
MiKTeX as babel