On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 Till Tantau submitted version 1.18of his
Location on CTAN: /graphics/pgf
License: Mixed LPPL/GPL/FDL
PGF is a macro package for creating graphics. It is platform- and
format-independent and works together with the most important TeX backend
drivers, including pdftex and dvips. It comes with a user-friedly syntax
layer called TikZ.
Its usage is similar to pstricks and the standard picture environment.
Unlike pstricks, it can produce either PostScript or PDF output, and works
with plain (pdf-)TeX, (pdf-)LaTeX, and ConTeXt.
This new version of pgf/TikZ contains new features and fixes a number of
bugs. A notable new feature is the new math library due to Mark Wibrow, which
allows you to use fancy mathematical expressions directly inside TikZ. This
release also includes a matrix library, which simplifies alignments. There
are now commands that allow you to extract pictures into separate files more
asily. Some users will also enjoy the new calendar support. Finallly, if you
have always been looking for an easy way to create a triangular shape, have a
look at Mark's regular polygon shape.
Although this version should already be perfectly usable and reasonably
bug-free, it is still a beta-version. Release 1.20 will be the next stable
version. I will release it within a few weeks, once I got feedback on this
- Added regular polygon and start shapes (by Mark Wibrow).
- Added graphic externalization commands.
- Added barycentric coordinate system.
- Added direct TikZ plotting of function based on math engine.
- Added math documentation into main documentation.
- Added Mark Wibrow's math library.
- Added calendar support.
- Added matrix stuff.
- Added automatic driver selection for xetex.
- Added "growth parent anchor" option.
- Fixed superfluous spaces in quick math parse code
- Fixed superfluous \newboxes in math and image code
- Fixed mth parser to recognize \wd\mybox.
- Fixed wrong \pgfmathsetrandomseed
- Fixed wrong \pgfmathradians@
- Fixed problems with long mantissa and plain tex math code.
- Fixed things so that \setlength works in pictures, once
- Fixed selectfont problem in pdfsys-dvipdfm.def
- Fixed problem with lost lastx/lasty in foreach in TikZ.
- Fixed snake+rectangle+transform problem.
- Fixed rectangle+rounded corner problem.
- Fixed postscrip eofill1 problem.
- Fixed amsmath/pgf clash because of wrong definition of \:
- Fixed size of hyperlinks inside nodes.
- Fixed ConTeXt problem in pgfbaseplot.
- Fixed .aux problems in plain and ConTeXt mode. Using .pgf as
This package is located at
. More information is at
(if the package is new it may take a day for that information to
appear). We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html
Thanks for the upload.
For the CTAN Team