CTAN has a new package: ucharclasses
This package addresses one of the few features where TeX still has to play catch-up to word processing programs: automatic font switching for different languages. In fact, it goes one better than word processing programs and comes with macros for inserting arbitrary code between text from different unicode blocks, by making use of XeTeX's little known "intercharclass" behaviour.
This package is at http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/ucharclasses . Information is at http://tug.ctan.org/pkg/ucharclasses (it may take a day for the information to appear). We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . For your users group see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
ucharclasses – Font actions in XeTeX according to what is being processed
The package takes care of switching fonts when you switch from one Unicode block to another in the text of a document. This way, you can write a document with no explicit font selection, but a series of rules of the form “when entering block …, switch font to use …”.
- 2022-10-22 CTAN update: ucharclasses
- 2022-03-04 CTAN update: ucharclasses
- 2021-03-01 CTAN update: ucharclasses
- 2017-08-12 CTAN update: ucharclasses
- 2016-04-24 CTAN update: ucharclasses
- 2016-04-23 CTAN update: ucharclasses
- 2012-10-01 CTAN update: ucharclasses
- 2010-12-21 CTAN has a new package: ucharclasses