CTAN Update: unicode-math
- v0.8j (2018/01/07) * NEW * Numbers and latin letters in the fullwidth Unicode range are now supported as aliases to their ASCII counterparts (#337). * New commands `\(New|Renew)NegationCommand \foo` for defining custom negations accessed via `\not\foo`. * SYMBOLS * `\typecolon` is now `\mathrel` instead of `\mathbin` (#360). * New symbol `\mathhyphen` which acts like a ‘letter’ (#313). * `\nabla` and `\partial` have corrected documentation (#257). * The following legacy commands are listed as ‘unsupported’ and will result in sensible error messages rather than the old behaviour of meaningless output: `\arrowvert`, `\Arrowvert`, `\bracevert`. (#411). * BUGS * LuaTeX bug with shifted `\underbrace` when it contains accented symbols worked around (#391). * When using the `range` feature, users commonly found they needed to call `\setmathfont` a final time with the original font to ensure correct formatting and correct selection of symbol alphabets. I hope the issues that required this have now been corrected (#331, #387). * If `\setmathfont` is called a second time in a document, it tries harder to more properly reset the maths font setup for the new font (#224). * Properly hard-coded the `\delcode` of the period to ensure `\left`/`\right` behave correctly in all circumstances (#344, #351, #420). * Correct `\mathrm` (etc.) situation when no fonts loaded explicitly by the user (#330). * Various bug fixes to `\not` (#126, #343, #363) * `\std at minus` & `\std at equal` now properly corrected (#332). * Fix problem with infinite loop with `\cdots` when `amsmath` loaded after `unicode-math` (#227). * If `\setmath(rm|sf|tt)` is called *before* loading `unicode-math`, the setting is now remembered (#407). * INTERNALS * A number of improvements to efficiency when loading subsequent math fonts using the `range` feature. * No longer loads the `ucharcat` package. * Test suite re-implemented for better portability and use with Travis CI. See <https://travis-ci.org/wspr/unicode-math> for the up-to-date status of whether the test suite is passing.
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/unicode-math The package’s files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/unicode-math/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
We are supported by the TeX users groups. Please join a users group; see https://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
unicode-math – Unicode mathematics support for XeTeX and LuaTeX
This package provides a comprehensive implementation of unicode maths for XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX. Unicode maths requires an OpenType mathematics font, of which there are now a number available via CTAN.
While backwards compatibility is strived for, there are some differences between the legacy mathematical definitions in LaTeX and amsmath, and the Unicode mathematics definitions. Care should be taken when transitioning from a legacy workflow to a Unicode-based one.
|Copyright||2006–2019 Will Robertson|
2010–2017 Philipp Stephani
2011–2017 Joseph Wright
2012–2015 Khaled Hosny
- 2023-08-14 CTAN update: unicode-math
- 2020-01-31 CTAN update: unicode-math
- 2019-09-27 CTAN Update: unicode-math
- 2019-03-06 CTAN update: unicode-math
- 2019-02-16 CTAN update: unicode-math
- 2018-07-30 CTAN Update: unicode-math
- 2018-01-14 CTAN Update: unicode-math
- 2018-01-08 CTAN Update: unicode-math