bib2gls – Command line application to convert .bib files to glossaries-extra.sty resource files
This Java command line application may be used to extract glossary information stored in a .bib file and convert it into glossary entry definition commands.This application should be used with glossaries-extra.sty’s ‘record’ package option. It performs two functions in one:
- selects entries according to records found in the .aux file (similar to bibtex),
- hierarchically sorts entries and collates location lists (similar to makeindex or xindy).
The glossary entries can then be managed in a system such as JabRef, and only the entries that are actually required will be defined, reducing the resources required by TeX.
The supplementary application convertgls2bib can be used to convert existing .tex files containing definitions (\newglossaryentry etc.) to the .bib format required by bib2gls.
|Licenses||GNU General Public License, version 3 or newer|
|Contained in||TeX Live as bib2gls|
MiKTeX as bib2gls
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (5.9M).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- jabref: Graphical frontend to manage BibTeX databases
- pybliographer: A tool for managing bibliographic databases
- makeglossariesgui: Java GUI alternative to makeglossaries script
- bible: A BibTeX library editor