dvipng – A fast DVI to PNG/GIF converter
This program makes PNG and/or GIF graphics from DVI files as obtained from TeX and its relatives. Its benefits include:
- Speed. It offers very fast rendering of DVI as bitmap files, which makes it suitable for generating large amounts of images on-the-fly, as needed in preview-latex, WeBWorK and others;
- It does not read the postamble, so it can be started before TeX finishes. There is a --follow switch that makes dvipng wait at end-of-file for further output, unless it finds the POST marker that indicates the end of the DVI;
- Interactive query of options. dvipng can read options interactively through stdin, and all options are usable. It is even possible to change the input file through this interface.
- Support for PK, VF, PostScript Type1, and TrueType fonts, colour specials, and inclusion of PostScript, PNG, JPEG or GIF images.
|Licenses||GNU Lesser General Public License 3|
|Copyright||2002–2020 Jan-Åke Larsson|
|Contained in||TeX Live as dvipng|
MiKTeX as miktex-dvipng-bin-2.9
|Topics||DVI to bitmaps|
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (190.9k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- beebe-dvi: A modular collection of DVI processors
- dvgt: Previewer for use on graphic and character-cell terminals
- dvidvi: Convert one DVI file into another
- dvgtk: Tektronix 401x DVI previewer