xsavebox – Saveboxes for repeating content without code replication, based on PDF Form XObjects
The package defines commands for saving content that can be repeatedly placed into the document without replicating DVI/PDF code in the output file, allowing for smaller file size of the final PDF and improved content caching for faster display in certain PDF viewers. The method makes use of ‘Form XObjects’ defined in the PDF specification.
The user commands are modelled after the standard LaTeX commands \savebox, \sbox, \usebox and the lrbox environment.
All common TeX engines and back-ends are supported:
- pdfLaTeX, LuaLaTeX
- LaTeX → dvips → ps2pdf/Distiller
- (Xe)LaTeX → (x)dvipdfmx
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3|
|Copyright||2016–2020 Alexander Grahn|
|Contained in||TeX Live as xsavebox|
MiKTeX as xsavebox
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (367.5k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- rmannot: Create rich media annotations in a PDF file
- forms16be: Initialize form properties using big-endian encoding
- fc-arith: Create an arithmetic flash card
- grayhints: Produce ‘gray hints’ to a variable text field