mathtools package provides many useful tools for mathematical typesetting. It is based on
amsmath and fixes various deficiencies of
amsmath and standard LaTeX. It provides:
- Extensible symbols, such as brackets, arrows, harpoons, etc.
- Various symbols such as
- Easy creation of new tag forms.
- Showing only the referenced equations.
- Extensible arrows, harpoons and hook arrows.
- Starred versions of the
amsmathmatrix environments for specifying the column alignment.
- More building blocks: multlined, cases-like environments, new gathered environments.
- Math versions of
- Cramped math styles.
- and more ...
empheq package is a visual markup extension designed to function on top of
amsmath. It features:
- Boxing multi line math displays while leaving equation numbers untouched at the margin. Any kind of box will do.
- Making the
ntheorempackage place end-of-theorem markers perfectly.
- Placing arbitrary material on either side of math displays. This includes delimiters that automatically scale to the correct size.
mhsetup package defines various programming tools needed by both
mathtools. In the future, most of these tools will probably be an integral part of LaTeX3.
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 Morten Hoegholm Copyright (C) 2012-2019 Lars Madsen Copyright (C) 2020- Lars Madsen, The LaTeX3 Project https://latex-project.org/ All rights reserved.
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (1.1M).
mathtools – Mathematical tools to use with amsmath
Mathtools provides a series of packages designed to enhance the appearance of documents containing a lot of mathematics. The main backbone is amsmath, so those unfamiliar with this required part of the LaTeX system will probably not find the packages very useful.
Mathtools provides many useful tools for mathematical typesetting. It is based on amsmath and fixes various deficiencies of amsmath and standard LaTeX. It provides:
- Extensible symbols, such as brackets, arrows, harpoons, etc.;
- Various symbols such as \coloneqq (:=);
- Easy creation of new tag forms;
- Showing equation numbers only for referenced equations;
- Extensible arrows, harpoons and hookarrows;
- Starred versions of the amsmath matrix environments for specifying the column alignment;
- More building blocks: multlined, cases-like environments, new gathered environments;
- Maths versions of \makebox, \llap, \rlap etc.;
- Cramped math styles; and more...
Mathtools requires mhsetup.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3c|
|Copyright||2002–2011 Morten Høgholm|
2012–2019 Lars Madsen
2020–2022 Lars Madsen, The LaTeX3 Project
|Maintainer||The LaTeX Team|
Morten Høgholm (inactive)
Will Robertson (inactive)
Joseph Wright (inactive)
|Contained in||TeX Live as mathtools|
MiKTeX as mathtools